KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Out of Reach

Out of Reach by Missy Johnson

Apr 08, 2014

MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆ "OUT OF REACH" by Missy Johnson

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Complimentary copy provided by the author "Missy Johnson" in exchange for an honest review.

First of all what is it with these bloody authors trying to make me cry!! I didn't blubber cry but I did leak a few!! This is such a sad, funny, emotional story..

My best friend Andy was on his death bed and I had it bad for his girlfriend Emily, these two guys had been friends since they were about 8 years old so they were pretty tight..

Andy didn't want to live his last days in the hospital so he coerced Emily and Seth to sneak him out of his parents home and take him to the beach..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"I remember the day of his diagnosis as the doctor explained how the melanoma they'd found on his little toe had spread to his pancreas."

Terminal

"Without them by my side, I wouldn't have fought for this long."

Everything was slowly starting to shut down

"He had been sick for six years, terminal for six months."

In no time at all with Andy getting sicker as the days went by Emily went from his girlfriend to being his caregiver.

"Every morning was bringing us one step closer to death"

Seth has been fighting his feelings for Emily for years "The sound of her voice, her name, her loyalty to Andy...everything about Em, I loved.

"You guys are never going to forget me. I'm going to make sure of it."

So this is where the fun part begins Andy makes up some sort of bucket list, but he won't be taking part in any of the activities due to him being ill, so that's where Seth and Emily come into it..

"I'm making these two live out my bucket list while I'm still alive to enjoy it."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Some parts are sad but some parts in this will have you in giggles "She's scared of heights, he said pointing to Em, and he's just a pussy."

"Trying to get back into a normal routine without Andy was hard, because life without Andy wasn't normal. It was different, and scary and lonely."

This is my second book I've read from this author but I can honestly tell you that it definitely won't be the last, she is logged into my GPS stalkers route on Facebook!! :P

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Reach.

April 8, 2014 – Shelved