Michelle Wrona's Reviews > What We Hide

What We Hide by Marthe Jocelyn

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, netgalley-edelweiss, ebooks, dumb-me-for-picking-up, earcs

Yeeeee. -.-

I expected the best from this novel. I wanted a contemporary novel with so much happening, but all I got was this BORING book. One minute I thought that something big was going to happen, the next I was completely out. I was confused with what was happening. What should've I expected?

So the plot started off really well. When I was at 20%, I thought that I would give this a four start rating, but eventually it slowed down and nothing really changed. This is one of those cheesy boarding school stories, just wanted to let 'ya know.

So many POVs are hard to deal with, even if you know who's telling the story. There were just too many here to keep up with. I don't even know some of the characters' reasoning and point to be in this book, and they had this huge POV. It was kind of dumb because the different POVs were written in different formats, which made me laugh because I could tell that the author wanted to "change it up." Aha, letter format? PLAY FORMAT?! Don't kill me of laughing.

The only UP was the beginning and end. Those two things were the probably only good things, but they captivated me, so that's all that matters.

Like I said before, I really disliked the characters, especially Penelope and Alec. Yuck.

And this is where I say that I don't understand what the author was going for because I don't really understand why she wrote her characters like that.

... This was a really "nothing special" kind of book. I didn't see any specialty in it, and I'm disappointed because I really was expecting better.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What We Hide.

April 7, 2014 – Started Reading
April 7, 2014 – Shelved
April 9, 2014 –
67.0% "Slow-paced and not too much happening... Not really impressed so far."
April 9, 2014 – Shelved as: contemporary