Luann's Reviews > A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams

A River of Words by Jennifer Fisher Bryant

Feb 19, 2010

bookshelves: caldecott-honor, picture-book, biography, nonfiction, poetry, 2011

This is an inspirational biography and well worth sharing with children. It is the story of a man who never gives up on what he loves even when he can't make a living at it. It is the story of a man who allows his own voice and style to speak out even when it isn't just like others who are masters at the art. It is the story of a man who sees the beauty in the simplest things in life. I very much enjoyed reading about William Carlos Williams and plan to incorporate this book into a library lesson sometime in the future.

This is another picture book that you don't want to rush through because the illustrations are best enjoyed when you spend some time with them! I particularly enjoyed the illustrator's note at the end discussing her research and inspiration for the illustrations.

Now I need to go read more poetry by William Carlos Williams!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A River of Words.

Lisa Vegan Oh, I loved this book. There are so many good biography picture books for children out there these days.

Luann I agree, Lisa. There really are. I wish I had the budget to buy tons of them for my library.

Lisa Vegan Luann wrote: "I agree, Lisa. There really are. I wish I had the budget to buy tons of them for my library."

For the sake of your library patrons, and you!, I wish you did too!