mina's Reviews > Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Feb 18, 2010

Love it love it love it!
One of the best comics ever!
Although it's just another story about a super hyperactive small boy and his imaginary friend, you love Calvin so much because of his hilarious "know-it-all" comments. He trashed through house, to the point that his parents hoped that they had dachsund instead.

(Heard from the doctor's examination room):
Calvin: "Hey, doc, why are you rubbing my arm with cotton? Are you going to put a leech there? ... Are you going to bleed me? You're not going to amputate , are you? ARE you? ... What's that? Is that a shot? Are you going to... AAUGHH! IT WENT CLEAR THROUGH MY ARM! Ow ow ow ow!!! I'M DYING! I hope you've paid your malpractice insurance, you quack! WHERE'S MY MOM??!"

And his tiger-doll-slash-imaginary-friend Hobbes was just so adorable and wise (although probably it was Calvin who was "wise", since it came from Calvin's imagination).

Calvin: "I need help on my homework. What's a pronoun?"
Hobbes: "A noun that lost its amateur status."
(Silence)
Calvin: "Maybe I can get a point for originality."

But sometimes Calvin also had his more subdued moments:
Calvin: "Uh, Hobbes? .. I forgot to get you a present. I didn't even make you a card. I'm sorry, Hobbes. I didn't mean to forget."
Hobbes: "It's okay, little buddy. I didn't get you anything, either. But here's a tiger hug for being my best friend. Merry Christmas."
Calvin: "Not so hard, you big sissy. You squeeze my tears out."

It's a must-have.

By the way, reading about imaginary friend reminds me to "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", in Cartoon Network. Love the show :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calvin and Hobbes.

February 18, 2010 – Started Reading