Rachael's Reviews > A Snicker of Magic

A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd

it was ok
bookshelves: notables-2015, mock-newbery-2015

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Snicker of Magic.

April 6, 2014 – Started Reading
April 6, 2014 – Shelved
April 6, 2014 –
0.0% "Why do I feel like I've read this same book five times in the last two years?"
April 17, 2014 – Finished Reading
April 18, 2014 – Shelved as: notables-2015
April 18, 2014 – Shelved as: mock-newbery-2015

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Brandy Painter I'M SO GLAD IT'S NOT JUST ME! Yes, this is the exact same book that has come out at least five times in the last couple of years. And I love your one image review.

Erica THANK YOU! Thank you so much!

Literary Strawberry "What the hayseed?" annoyed me more than anything, to be honest.

Jenni Followed this link from the Heavy Medal blog prepared to read a big long review, and was pleasantly surprised to laugh out loud at your "review". Thanks!

Stacey I'm glad it wasn't just me!

Kendall OH. EM. GEE. LOVE THE MEME. THANK YOU!

Lori Zitzelberger Factofabulous!

Layla Reynolds Gun violence at a middle-grade child character seems a bit much

Rachael Layla wrote: "Gun violence at a middle-grade child character seems a bit much"

Right! Because I actually want Samuel L Jackson to shoot the fictional character. Kermit the Frog is literally sipping tea next to me and giving you the side eye right now.

Layla Reynolds Oddly enough, a student pointed this meme out to me, when reading book reviews. Needless to say, I have become more selective in whose reviews the students read. I don’t mind differing opinions, but this one seemed to be a bit much. The Ss loved the book, by the way. It will be a standard in our class each year.

Grace Bond 🤪 big eyeroll on this “review”.