Lauren's Reviews > The Problem with Promises

The Problem with Promises by Leigh Evans

9920920

At the conclusion of the previous book, Evan’s lead character, Hedi Peacock-Stronghold, has drugged her brother, faked his execution for the pack, and sent him back to the fae land of Merenwyn. The third installment picks up shortly after sending her brother back. She and her mate, Pack Alpha, Robson “Bridge” Throwbridge are going after him to try and save both the worlds from the Dark Mage. Heidi seems to always find trouble at every intersection in this newest installment of the Mystwalker Series.

Hedi really steps up from her “mouse-hearted ways” and comes into her own place of power and strength to be the badass we all knew her to be deep down. She’s always been the damsel in distress and Bridge has always her valiant prince charming who comes to save the day. Hedi is phased with numerous “damsel in distress” moments throughout this book and without others to help, she charges head on into the fight and comes out victorious. Along with Hedi, Bridge has grown as a character too. His 9 winters in Merenwyn has changed him. Hedi recognizes the hardness of Bridge and fights to get back those intimate moments she had with her Robbie that she desperately wants back. This book really showcases that not only is Bridge Hedi’s OneTrueThing, but that he feels the same for her.

I’ve had the first book of this series “The Trouble With Fate” on my nook for quite sometime. This series was definitely worth the wait, while the first book was more back story and character development, it left me wanting more. The Second book “ The Thing About Weres”
really showcased the idea of what a person is willingly to do to save the one they love. The third book and subsequent topic of this review, made the series even greater. There was nonstop action, suspense, heart break, and reaffirmation of true love. “ This book was an emotional rollercoaster and I loved every second of it. PWP did everything right. If you didn’t get sucked into Hedi and Bridges world in the first two books, this one will seal the deal and make you wish that the 4th book came out tomorrow. The Problem with Promises” is by far my favorite book of the series. I cannot wait for the next book!!!! The fourth installment and what has been touted as the finale of Evan’s Mystwalker Series entitled “Danger of Destiny” will be released 3/1/2015.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Problem with Promises.

April 4, 2014 – Shelved