Nic's Reviews > The Bad Wolf

The Bad Wolf by Meredith Russell

bookshelves: mm, series, paranormal-fantasy, zz-amazon-yes, publisher-or-author-provided

As with the first book in the series The Good Wolf, this werewolf/shifter world is a completely different take on the worlds I have come across before.

This is a lot of focus on the negative aspects of being a wolf - the pain, sadness and desire to avoid the pull of the full moon. There is fear and loathing of the gruesome horrors that these wolves might find themselves involved in.

This story follows Evan, who was introduced in book 1. He is injured and stumbles across Mason and Niall (the couple from The Good Wolf), who he hasn't seen for years. Evan is a changed man but Mason and Niall don't know that and there is a lot of distrust.

Evan's love interest is Michael, a young man with his own troubles, who was born wolf. They share a special bond and their relationship strengthens throughout the book but once again, this story wasn't a typical romance as in the story is not purely focused around the couple and their feelings for each other.

This is a story of healing, mending bridges, learning to trust and fighting the enemy.

3.5 stars.

A copy of this book was provided in return for my honest review.

Visit my blog if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place! Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bad Wolf.

April 3, 2014 – Started Reading
April 3, 2014 – Finished Reading
April 4, 2014 – Shelved
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: mm
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: series
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal-fantasy
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: publisher-or-author-provided

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Lovely review, Nic! I have a weakness for wolf shifting books, maybe this is something for the future.

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Ingela wrote: "Lovely review, Nic! I have a weakness for wolf shifting books, maybe this is something for the future."

Thanks Ingela. If you do read it, I hope you enjoy. The series is a little different with the blood and gore factor. :)