Bruce Gargoyle's Reviews > Hildafolk

Hildafolk by Luke Pearson

Ten Second Synopsis:
Hilda goes out drawing and accidentally discovers a troll. Returning safely home, Hilda enjoys a quiet seat by the fire. Then the troll comes knocking.

I am utterly charmed by this book and was both annoyed that it was so short, and gratified to know that there's a whole series awaiting me. The art is as enticing and jolly as a homespun Christmas jumper and I just love the mysterious woodman character (but why does he lie on the floor?) and the little reindeer dog guy. I bought this in paperback after succumbing to a long and drawn out battle with my inner-book-buying demons; I recommend that if you're going to buy it, get it in hardback because the paperback is as flimsy as a travel brochure and that is not a good thing when you wish to store it safely on your shelf for repeated readings.

I suspect that now I've discovered the world of Hildafolk I'm going to send myself broke acquiring all the rest in the series.

Recommended for anyone who loves a visual feast to accompany a mildly adventurous tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hildafolk.

Finished Reading