Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)'s Reviews > The Princess Spy

The Princess Spy by Melanie Dickerson

bookshelves: christian-fiction, young-adult, fairy-tale, reviewed, fantasy

What a great adventure! I felt like the spying was only the first part, and then the journey Margaretha goes on is where the story really picks up. For an easy-going princess who has never been challenged in her priveleged life, she is likeable with characteristics of loyalty and compassion and even her flaws are endearing- very naive with a tendency to chatter (which she receives quite a bit of grief for from various family members). I found it adorable how proud she is of herself with each obstacle she overcomes, almost as if she is surprised at herself, but not really- somehow knowing she was that courageous all along. Colin also undergoes a character arc as his trials put him through a refiner's fire, changing from overly confident and also somewhat naive to humble, realistic, and protective. He never loses his zeal for justice- each beating he receives at the hands of various villains seems to make it stronger. I loved the humor in the story and the sweet slowly-built romance. I can't wait to read the first four books in this series now!

(Thank you to Zondervan Publishing and BookLook Bloggers for a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess Spy.

April 3, 2014 – Shelved