Bookbeauty's Reviews > Beckoning Blood

Beckoning Blood by Daniel de Lorne

Apr 03, 2014

*** I have received an ARC via NetGalley ***

This is a true gem for any paranormal book fan and I certainly did not expect such a wonderfully dark, twisted and bloody (yes, it does get pretty detailed, like the cover suggests) story to be published by Harlequin (okay, it's by Escape Publishing, but they are uder Harlequin).
I thought that this would be a fluffy vampire romance - but no.
It is so much more.

"Beckoning Blood" is the tale of two brothers, twins, who are as different as ying and yang.
Thierry is, despite their brutal upbringing, still caring and compassionate but his twin Olivier is borderline insane and unhealthily obsessed with Thierry.
The brothers share a special bond as twins and are never really "apart", therefore Olivier tries to keep his brother for himself and his jealousy ends with a desaster.

Some reviewers compared this to Anne Rice's vampire stories but no, sorry.
I think "Beckoning Blood" plays in another league, the writing is so much better and engaging than Mrs. Rice's (sorry, but true... never understood the hype).

I won't spoiler you (except, READ IT!!!) except, that I felt that the ending (not a cliffhanger but still not final) was a bit rushed.

It is a compelling story, not for the faint of heart, but something unique among the "usual" vampire stories.

The fact that this is a m/m story made this book even better for me ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beckoning Blood.

Finished Reading