Shurrn's Reviews > Capture & Surrender

Capture & Surrender by L.A. Witt

Market Garden gets serious with the fifth installment.

(All spoilers are hidden)
...everything about this seemed like a recipe for disaster.

But even if he was headed for the mother of all car crashes, he couldn't bring himself to hit the brake with everything he had, not for his sake, not for Brandon’s sake, or Market Garden’s, or sanity, or morality, or because it wasn't fair or even very balanced.

Seemed all he could do was grip the steering wheel and keep going until something stopped him.
We're talking about heavy emotion and serious subjects with this one...

There's still plenty of kinky fun going on in Capture & Surrender (more on that later) but this one packs on content and emotion unseen in the previous titles in this series... And I ate up every page.

As a side note - this book was nominated for a Lambda Literary Award, and it is well deserved.

FRANK
Frank is the owner of Market Garden. He is surrounded by London's top-shelf Rent Boys, yet he goes home alone each night...

BRANDON
Brandon grinned at him, and every time he did that, something shifted inside Frank, some weight, or maybe his heart, or his whole damn collection of organs swapped places.
Brandon (aka Stefan) is an American who came to London to escape his past. As an ex-military man with a cocky personality, he pushes all of franks buttons...

But Frank doesn't get involved with Rent Boys...

He has his reasons:
The main issue being addressed here is that (view spoiler)

This was a level of intense emotion which took me by surprise at first. Market Garden hadn't really addressed any potential relationship drama outside the john / Rent Boy dynamic... But I'm so glad L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov took a chance and addressed some rough issues. It was emotional, beautiful, and completely worth reading.

*clears throat*

In lighter news...

The Kinky paint-ball games were wonderfully sexy and inventive!
“It’s essentially capture kink.”

Stefan’s eyes were bright.

“Spoils of war.” Stefan beamed. “I like it.”

“Figured you might.”
That's right, to the victor goes the kinky sex!

There's the requisite safe-words, etc, and Frank and his buddies referee the players... But it made for some seriously hot interactions between players hopped up on adrenaline and testosterone.

They should really sell spectator tickets...
Just sayin'

In addition, I loved the boisterous friendship between Frank, Emily, Geoff, & Mike.
Emily pointed a finely manicured nail at Brandon. “You, sir, are encouraging them.”

“Me?” Brandon showed his palms. “I was merely suggesting we pay homage to God and thank Him for all the food and wine and company. And stuff.”

“Uh-uh.” She shook her head once. “I paid for this stuff and turned it into something presentable and edible. You say grace to anyone, it’s Saint Emily O’Malley of the Sisters of Infinite Patience with Obnoxious Men.”

“That’s a bit of a mouthful, darling.” Mike straightened his napkin.

“That’s what she said,” Brandon muttered, and Mike burst out laughing.
How do I get invited to that dinner party? I'd love to see more of that group...

Some of My Favorite Moments:
(view spoiler)

Read My Other Reviews in the Market Garden Series:
Links will be updated as I finish reviews
1 - Quid Pro Quo - Read my review here
2 - Take It Off - Read my review here
3 - If It Flies - Read my review here
4 - If It Fornicates - Read my review here
5 - Capture & Surrender - You're Reading It
6 - Payoff - Read my review here
7 - If It Drives - Read my review here

Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden, #1) by L.A. Witt Take It Off (Market Garden, #2) by L.A. Witt If It Flies (Market Garden, #3) by L.A. Witt If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4) by L.A. Witt Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5) by L.A. Witt Payoff (Market Garden, #6) by L.A. Witt If It Drives (Market Garden, #7) by L.A. Witt

***I was provided a copy of this book from Riptide Publishing in exchange for an honest review***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Capture & Surrender.

April 3, 2014 – Shelved
May 26, 2014 – Started Reading
May 26, 2014 – Finished Reading
May 27, 2014 –
7.0% " “How rough?”\n “It’s essentially capture kink.”\n Stefan’s eyes were bright.\n Frank went on. “Basically, you capture someone on the field, he’s yours. Capture a team’s flag? Your team gets the spoils.”\n “Spoils of war.” Stefan beamed. “I like it.”\n “Figured you might.”\n \n "
May 27, 2014 –
33.0% " “So Yankee Doodle Arsefuck has an Achilles’ heel after all.” \n Oh Geoff, you're adorable...\n "
May 27, 2014 –
41.0% " “You said you got what you wanted at the field. What exactly was it you wanted?”\n “You.” Stefan shrugged. \n \n "
May 28, 2014 –
56.0% " “I've never captured anybody on the field I didn't want to keep around for a while.” \n \n "
May 28, 2014 –
62.0% " Anybody who says size doesn't matter has no fucking clue. \n \n "
May 28, 2014 –
72.0% " Sliding under the covers next to him was pure heaven. That silent companionship was as important as the scorching sex, maybe more important in the long run. He could relax with Brandon in his life, and that gratitude was so deep it nearly brought tears to his eyes. \n \n "
93.0% "\n "
May 28, 2014 –
100.0% "Full review will be posted shortly...\n I need a moment...\n "

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Jae (new)

Jae Jaggart That sounds so good. I'm caught between reading that shortly or If It Drives which looks great!

Shurrn Jae wrote: "That sounds so good. I'm caught between reading that shortly or If It Drives which looks great!"

I'm reading the full series back to back... So If It Drives is coming up... I guess "Red Tie" gets his own book!

message 3: by Jae (new)

Jae Jaggart So many books so little time :) I'm in the middle of the mind fuckery of Dangerously Happy but def. will be Market Gardening & visiting Mr Adrien English next!

Shurrn Jae wrote: "So many books so little time :) I'm in the middle of the mind fuckery of Dangerously Happy but def. will be Market Gardening & visiting Mr Adrien English next!"

I know the plight of the endless TBR...
How will we ever survive it?!?!?!

message 5: by M'rella (new)

M'rella I stopped reading after book 4 - challenges consumed me. But your reviews just gave me a gentle kick in a sensitive place. Thanks for that :D

Shurrn Mammarella wrote: "I stopped reading after book 4 - challenges consumed me. But your reviews just gave me a gentle kick in a sensitive place. Thanks for that :D"

Glad I could steer you back toward the series. Capture and Surrender is fabulous! Also, sorry about the kick to your erm... Sensitive place... I try a pinch to the bum next time... You should still be able to sit while you read ;)

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Absolutely fabulous review, Shurrn!! xx

Shurrn Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ wrote: "Absolutely fabulous review, Shurrn!! xx"

Thanks! It's easy to write a great review for an amazing book!