Shurrn's Reviews > If It Flies

If It Flies by L.A. Witt

Market Garden takes a turn toward the sadistic side of lust...
It was odd that he felt his strongest while Nick hurt him. Not hurt hurt, but that moment when the pain came in and receded, like a rolling wave that bared treasure on the way back—that moment felt always like he’d tapped into an inner strength he’d never before touched or been aware of.
I couldn't stay away from the Market Garden series.
1 - I adore L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov
2 - I have a thing for Rent Boys
3 - I loved the first two books

While Quid Pro Quo & Take It Off were all about the blossoming lust-to-love romance of Jared and Tristan, this book focuses on the whip-wielding rent boy Nick...

He wasn’t just a prostitute. He wasn't even just a top. He was, quite literally, during the scenes, the centre of Spencer’s world.
It seems like business as usual when a skiddish new john walks in to Market Garden. Nick wastes no time in sizing him up as a submissive, and quickly makes a move for the new client.

What the hell? Spencer could make juniors stammer and bend clients to his will. But this blond kid who’d wrapped himself in leather and arrogance turned him into a stuttering, stumbling idiot.
Spencer is a Corporate Attorney who is on the fast-track to a heart attack if he doesn't learn to leave his desk and blow off some steam. As a closeted lawyer, he can't seem to use the usual avenues to find willing bed-mates... At the recommendation of a friend, he finds himself at Market Garden and face to face with Nick.

A whirlwind relationship in the form of a business transaction ensues. As Spencer and Nick explore the pleasure that can be gained from combining their sadistic & masochistic tendencies, the trust and familiarity grows into something far more intimate...
Both men think they’re just scratching each other’s backs: Spencer’s exploring a submissive, masochistic side he never knew he had, and Nick is getting off and getting paid. But as time goes on, it’s clear their strictly professional arrangement . . . isn't, and if Nick has one hard limit, it’s that he doesn't get romantically entangled with his johns. The problem is, while Nick doesn't want to be owned, Spencer’s no longer content with just renting.
I'm diving right into If It Fornicates to find out what happens with this kinky pair. I'm not sure if I liked this book quite as much as the first two in the series... I think that the dual POV with Jared and Tristan made those books stronger. This story is told solely from Spencer's perspective, but I happen to know that the next book is Nick's POV, so this type of split seems interesting.

Some of My Favorite Moments:
(view spoiler)

Read My Other Reviews in the Market Garden Series:
Links will be updated as I finish reviews
1 - Quid Pro Quo - Read my review here
2 - Take It Off - Read my review here
3 - If It Flies - Read my review here
4 - If It Fornicates - Read my review here
5 - Capture & Surrender - Read my review here
6 - Payoff - Read my review here
7 - If It Drives - Read my review here

Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden, #1) by L.A. Witt Take It Off (Market Garden, #2) by L.A. Witt If It Flies (Market Garden, #3) by L.A. Witt If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4) by L.A. Witt Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5) by L.A. Witt Payoff (Market Garden, #6) by L.A. Witt If It Drives (Market Garden, #7) by L.A. Witt

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If It Flies.

April 3, 2014 – Shelved
May 21, 2014 – Started Reading
May 21, 2014 –
0.0% "I'm going back to finish the Market Garden Series... Confession: I have a thing for Rent Boys.\n \n "
May 21, 2014 – Finished Reading
May 22, 2014 –
18.0% "Spencer regarded him again, top to bottom (awful pun, his inner voice informed him).\n \n "
May 23, 2014 –
38.0% " “You bruised me?”\n “Not yet.” \n \n "
May 23, 2014 –
51.0% " Nick wouldn't have to work hard to get him off tonight. That bag of tricks there was serious overkill. All it took really was Nick’s attitude, his approval, and that big dick of his. \n \n "
May 23, 2014 –
53.0% " “Is that even legal in this country?”\n “Don’t know.” Nick looked at him, all innocence and angel wings with those lifted eyebrows. “I may have neglected to declare them at customs. Got them at a specialist event.”\n Specialist event? Did toppy rentboys with a pile of interrogator tools have their own trade fairs?\n \n "
May 23, 2014 –
62.0% " “You find me a guy worth dating who’s willing to date a whore, and we’ll talk.” \n \n "
May 23, 2014 –
66.0% " “Spencer, my dear boy, what ever am I going to do with you?”\n “Probably beat the hell out of me, and then fuck me?” \n \n "
May 23, 2014 –
86.0% " “I don’t want your money.” Nick looked him straight in the eyes. [...] “I want you, Spencer. Your trust. Your surrender. Your courage.” \n \n "