Nicola's Reviews > An Unsuitable Husband

An Unsuitable Husband by Ros Clarke

Reasons you should read An Unsuitable Husband:

1) It's set in London (always nice to read a book set on our little island)
2) It has a very sexy Frenchman
3) It has a feisty strong lady
4) It's sexy, passionate and intimate
5) It's laugh-out-loud funny

Theresa Chartley, corporate lawyer, singleton and commitment-phobe meets a sexy stranger in a nightclub. Emile Renaud is that stranger and after rapidly swapping actual dancing to that of the horizontal variety, she discovers he's French, wealthy and a footballer with the playboy reputation to go with it. Throw in a nagging mother, a stalker of an ex-girlfriend and a proposition, and we get a romantic journey that is fun, sexy, frustrating, touching and sweet in every way.

I absolutely loved it. I don't believe that I have ever laughed so hard when reading an Indulgence book and I sincerely hope that this is what Ros Clarke intended (if not I am clearly just warped), as from very early on in the book I was having a major fit of the giggle-snorts. It was perfect British dry humour, but balanced with equally perfect passion and Theresa and Emile had an amazing chemistry on all levels. I loved Theresa and her wit, confidence and down-to-earth nature and Emile, oh I adored him. I fell in love with the Frenchman who puts the mmm in Monsieur…

description

Yes ok maybe a touch too old but my Emile was David Ginola. He had it all; he said and did the right things and was cocky, confident, witty, cheeky and thoughtful. I even read all his dialogue with a French accent!

So yes, I sighed and swooned, laughed and smiled. If a light, low-angst, fun, passionate romance with a real couple is what you're after, this is the book.

I received a copy of this courtesy of Entangled Publishing for an honest and unbiased opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Unsuitable Husband.

April 1, 2014 – Started Reading
April 1, 2014 – Shelved
April 2, 2014 –
page 12
6.67% "Ooo lovely, it's set in England. This pleases me."
April 2, 2014 –
page 20
11.11% "Am impressed with the quick launch into bedroom activities, however I have a case of the giggles. Our sexy French love-stud is a footballer. Oh yes, David Ginola sexy. Mmm mmm. And he plays for Woolwich. Woolwich. That top flight premiership team. And it's tickled me. Woolwich."
April 3, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire Robinson Oh Ah Ginola!! ;0) Great review!

Nicola I love him, like a fine wine he has improved with age ;)

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire Robinson Yeah most attractive men seem to do that...Look at Beckham...Bastards :)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda great review, nicola. this sounds like a fun package :D

Nicola Thanks Amanda, I thought it was!