Kirsten Hobbs's Reviews > A Mind at a Time: America's Top Learning Expert Shows How Every Child Can Succeed

A Mind at a Time by Mel Levine

Feb 15, 2010

Read from February 15 to March 05, 2010

I like Levine's compassion, acceptance, and understanding of all kids, with all different sorts of minds.

This book was very packed with information. Certainly the kind of book you would want to keep handy as a reference because there is no way to digest and remember all the information shared. That being said, it was a good overview to many various learning functions and dysfunctions, and if nothing else, it helped me see that there is a lot of hope for every child, no matter their mind.

Levine offers some specific ideas to help with various dysfunctions such as social, memory, and motor dysfunction, to name a few. When I found parts that applied to me and my children, I wished he would go deeper and give more information, but I realize it is not possible to go into that kind of depth in one book. What I did find valuable was the basic explanations of these many dysfunctions so now I can recognize them as legitimate, and possibly follow up with another book, or a local professional to go deeper into the specifics.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Mind at a Time.