Terra's Reviews > Eleanor

Eleanor by Johnny Worthen

bookshelves: arc

Eleanor is the story of a girl who is not what she appears. You think you know her story, or at least the biggest piece of it, from the opening scenes – scenes that are so well written they pulled me in and had me thinking about the hinted mystery immediately. But as it unfolds, you learn that what you think you know might only be the surface of what is really at the heart of Eleanor – a smart, feisty girl trying to hide in plain sight. She knows little about her true nature and what she does know she loathes. This book masterfully captures the feel of growing up in a small town where everyone knows everyone and they all think they know what the real stories are. It is also a great story of the bond between mother and daughter and between trusted friends. It is a unique paranormal coming of age story from the mind of a fantastic storyteller.
If you love a good mystery, are a sucker for the paranormal, like to ask yourself “what if” questions, and in general like reading well-written books then this one is for you. It is an entertaining story for any age that doesn’t limit itself to adult readers. I would let my daughter read this one and so should you. It releases this July!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleanor.

March 31, 2014 – Started Reading