MrsK Books's Reviews > The Sixty-Eight Rooms

The Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone

bookshelves: best-reads-for-k-8, shelfari-favorites

The Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone

Since I did not grow up in Chicago, I never heard of the Thorne Rooms. Have you?

This book grabbed my attention the minute I saw the title. Once off the shelf and into my hands, I realized this book would be a miniature doll house adventure. I always wanted my own doll house, I tried to build one for my daughter, and I am not talking about one made of plastics. Obviously this book was going to come home with me... and so my adventure began.

On a field trip to the Art Institute of Chicago, Ruthie and Jack make an unbelievable discovery about the Thorne Rooms. Not only are the rooms "eerily realistic," the craftsmanship is perfected even down to the doorknobs. Their adventure begins when they find an old key, a "For Employees" entrance behind the display of rooms, and a journal.

Would you find a way to sneak into a museum once it's closed? Would you be willing to "shrink" in order to discover the secrets within these mysterious rooms?

If you like mysteries, time travel, and miniatures... read this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sixty-Eight Rooms.

Started Reading