Heather's Reviews > What the Tweet!? Write Funny One-Liners, Paraprosdokians, Quotations and Aphorisms for Twitter

What the Tweet!? Write Funny One-Liners, Paraprosdokians, Quo... by Bill Liao

7206503

Fun and informative... this is a great combination and describes "What the Tweet!?" In the title is a word that I am sure most people have not heard of: paraprosdokians. I believe the authors define this well in their own words: PARAPROSDOKIAN – A paraprosdokian ( /pærəprɒsˈdoʊkiən/) is wordplay where the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret an earlier part. A really good example where the word “right” changes meaning as the sentence is completed; "War doesn't determine who is right only who is left." This book is full of those. I love learning meanings behind things, and this book does this with the English language. History is provided, meaning is provided and examples on how to make your own statement online is provided.

Book was received as a part of a Goodreads Member Giveaway. This did not influence my opinion of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What the Tweet!? Write Funny One-Liners, Paraprosdokians, Quotations and Aphorisms for Twitter.

Finished Reading