Faith's Reviews > Wings

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

F 50x66

it was ok
bookshelves: less-than-memorable

I was going to put three stars, but I decided only two because really, it was just okay. First of all, why the heck did she title it wings? No wings were involved in the making of this novel. Secondly, I'm sorry but it was just so ridiculously far-fetched. I don't mind fantasy where you're just letting it be fantasy and you're not trying to make it fit into our world. But this was just STUPID. Really, Pike? She's a plant. Wowww. Thirdly, this is the stupidest love triangle ever. I keep hearing Tamani saying he she taught him all about loyalty or whatever and she's like oh my gawsh, he and I knew each other so we should just pretend we know each other now and fall in love! While I'm over here making out with David who actually acts like he loves me I'm just gonna watch Tamani smoulder and all that hot stuff. Get a life, Laurel. And Pike, I don't want another love triangle exactly like Twilight. No matter who she ends up with now I'm going to be irritated cause she was playing with both of them.
The plot was okay. I don't want to make it sound like it was a BAD book. It wasn't really a BAD book, but it wasn't GOOD. It was so.. not thrilling. The plot is introduced towards the end, quickly wrapped up, and it's back to "Oh, do I love David or Tamani?"

I enjoyed this book... until the whole "faerie" stuff started and then I was bored. I had nothing to do and nothing new to read, and in general I HATE not finishing books, so I went through and while it was a light, sort of fun read, it was just a way to fill my time and I didn't like any of the characters much in the end. It wasn't memorable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings.

Finished Reading
February 13, 2010 – Shelved
February 13, 2010 – Shelved as: less-than-memorable

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Jess Complete agreement. Best review I've ever seen of of this book too. :P "No wings were involved in the making of this novel." Lol. Sad thing is...Twilight-esque stuff is what sells. :-/

Mariam I agree with both of you!!! This is far the best review I've erad on the book!!!! I hate lve triangles and this triangle was really annoying and stupid. I really liked it at the beginning, but then I just finished it cause I also hate NOT finishing books :))) though I wouldn't discourage other readers to read it :))) some may like it. I guess it just wasn't my type :)))

Faith Haha, I never see anyone with my name. Hello!