Bex's Reviews > Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America

Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler

Nov 11, 2007

Recommended for: anyone interested in learning about modern witches
Read in March, 1992

I read Drawing Down the Moon my first year of university, disillusioned with the sneakily-backward Southern Baptist youth group at Florida State University, and with conservatives in general. At the sections about animism and heathenism, a light went off for me: I'd found a new world, even if I didn't have the community yet. This was one of the first non-fiction books I devoured; it has changed my field of possibilities.

In February 2007, I was lucky enough to stumble upon Margot Adler giving a presentation at PantheaCon in San Jose. This book served as a bible for many, and a congregating point for many more. Adler sometimes works at NPR; she has an amazing singing voice, to boot.

Adler was promoting the newest edition of her Drawing, at the time, which I haven't read. I want this book in my permanent library, certainly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drawing Down the Moon.