Gisbelle's Reviews > Burn Out

Burn Out by Kristi Helvig

description
Provided by the publisher via NetGalley

Actual Rating: 4.5

One of the most thrilling and unpredictable post-apocalyptic fictions I have ever read. Each scene was so crazy good that it was hard to put down once I started reading this astoundingly well-written book. It was full of suspense and actions I don't know where to start with. A must read for any science fiction fans out there, especially those who love post-apocalyptic fictions.

I was completely in love with the characters because they were complicated. Tora was so feisty that even she was in the toughest situation, she still didn't give in. The other characters, such as Markus, James, Britta and Kale were also such great character, even some of them were so evil I wanted to strangle them.

The plots were creative, well-written and fast-paced. I was amazed by the way the story was told which was so full of surprises and awe-inspiring scenes. The transition from one scene to the next was very nicely executed that it didn't cause me any boredom.

How the book was ending made me want to read the next installment right away. It is hard to predict what will happen next and that makes the wait even harder.

All in all, this is one great book that should not be missed by any science fiction fans or just anyone who wants to read something refreshing and filled with loads of actions and suspense. Kristi Helvig is a debut author that I will keep an eye out for.

Blog: YA Obsession

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn Out.

March 28, 2014 – Shelved
March 29, 2014 –
March 29, 2014 – Finished Reading
March 30, 2014 – Shelved as: highly-recommended
July 16, 2014 – Shelved as: young-adult-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Jay (new) - added it

Jay Great review

Gisbelle Thanks. It was an amazing book. You'll love this one for sure, Jay.

Kristi Helvig Thanks so much for taking the time to review my book! :)

Gisbelle You are welcome, Kristi. Great job, by the way :)

Kristi Helvig Thanks! :)