Zeek's Reviews > Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agendas by Lora Leigh

Feb 12, 2010

bookshelves: rom-military, romance, rom-suspense, contemp-rom, alpha-hero
Read in September, 2007

Hidden Agendas by Lora Leigh is the fourth book in her Tempting SEALs series.

Although I know there are more stories in this series, I've only read the two full length novels so far and I've truly enjoyed each one!

The latest, Hidden Agendas, picks up where the last, (Dangerous Games), left off. We see early on that the big bad on the scene, Diego Fuentes, is manipulating things so that he can control one man ... the son that he never knew existed.

Although Fuentes is part of the mob underworld, his son is not, in fact quite the opposite. And to bring his long lost son to his side, he sets up a plot to kidnap Emily Stanton, someone very close to him. He also agrees to expose a mole within the inner-circle of people surrounding Emily's father, A US Senator making his way to the top by bringing down the drug mobs.

While this story is strong on heated romance, per usual Lora Leigh, what makes it play well is the intrigue surrounding the characters. But I must confess, I was way more interested in who Fuentes's son actually would turn out to be, then I was in the love story between Emily and Kell.

Don't get me wrong, they are great characters. Emily is strong and compassionate, but not without her own fears, having been raised by an overbearing father and kidnapped once by Fuentes already. Kell is uber hot and has known Emily since she was young. He's loved her for almost that long, though not without his own issues as well. (But hey, any many who loves a woman who is not all legs, 108 lbs, and blond is right on in my book!) When these two come together it's scorching hot. Still, HA is almost tame when compared to some of Leigh's other stories. No kinky sex, just straight out passion so I think this one is a good one for someone not into Leigh's usual stuff.

The plot is almost obvious with lots of hints leading you to it's inevitable conclusion. But in the end it was one character that grabbed me more than anything else and thankfully his story is up next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Agendas.