Zeek's Reviews > To Tame a Highland Warrior

Feb 12, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: hist-rom-scottish, romance
Read in April, 2011

Turned berserker at a young age- Grimm Roderick managed to avoid any firm emotional attachment for years for fear of him hurting the ones he loves while in a rage. Called back to the place that he called home after leaving his birthright- his only reason for returning now is to keep a vow he made to a man who raised him as son. Well that and the fact he couldn’t resist seeing the laird’s beautiful daughter just one more time- and ensure her safety.

But once there he did his best to avoid her, because Jillian St. Clair had turned into a beautiful woman he couldn’t resist and just as she knew the tall and noble Grimm was supposed to belong to her, he knew she was the last person he could ever attach himself too, for she could tear down every defense he had built bolster his raging emotions. Besides one man would stop at nothing to destroy any berserker he came across and it seemed it had found Grimm Roderick nee Gavrael McIllioch once again.

Grimm would have to go home- his birth home- before he would complete his journey and it’s the last place he ever wanted to go. But there he must go to reunite with his own berserker father- the father who had murdered his mother before his eyes. Because only his father will help him get to the truth as well as finally defeat his fiercest enemy- before he destroys Grimm and everything he has ever loved.

Well I made it thru this one, although it seemed to go on forever. When I tried to read this yrs ago I gave up before page 20 but a friend gave me this one and a few others on Audio so I gave it another try. The story lingered far too long on Grimm and Jillian wanting each other whilst Grimm fights the attraction and then later with the big misunderstanding between Grimm and his Father and also the truth of Grimm’s berserker status which he keeps from Jillian. The other issue for me was the reader for the Audio book- Phil Gigante has a beautiful voice but to hear him speak the horrendous euphemisms Moning uses for manly parts and talk about Gillian’s aroused nipples made me wince and laugh in embarrassment as if I was sitting in the room listening to him record it. He also gave the heroine a whiny voice- and considering Moning already wrote her as such- I wanted to pull my hair out at the overload.

Anyway, it ends quite Happily Ever After of course, babies and all- unfortunately it took far to long to get there and by then I actually was wishing for a NON h.e.a just to alleviate some boredom.

There's nothing in this that connects to Moning's Fever series so if you're reading it for hopes of that- you can save yourself the torture. Wish I had.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Tame a Highland Warrior.

12/01/2016 marked as: read

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm reading this one now. I prefer this one more than the first one.

Zeek Its classic Historical Romance which I'm so not into right now. :\

As Hist\Rom it's as good as any other.

Katie Michaels I wasn't big on either of the first two. The third was slightly better. I loved the fourth one.

Zeek Loved the last 4 starting with the 4th one- Spell (7th book) was my favorite tho. mmmm Cian! :P

Lisa I know this one was kinda cheesy but im sticking to my theory that Barrons and his gang are berserkers.

Zeek HA! Well I think they're draghr from Dageus's book!