Zeek's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

Feb 12, 2010

bookshelves: favorites-all-time, favorites-pnr, pnr, vamps
Read in May, 2007

This is Butch's story. Butch is a human cop who has befriended the Vamp brothers in Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

The story starts off with Butch being caught by the Big Lesser, the bad guys in the series, who places a part of himself in Butch to catch the brothers- turning him into a Trojan horse as it were. (The way the Big O does it I found to be idiotic, but whatever).

Of course the scheme doesn't work because the brother who has the other half of Butch's soon to be discovered power- the enigmatic Vishous- cleanses him of the infecting evil ... and continues to do so, as Butch's new found power is to consume the Lessers (by "inhaling" them), leaving Butch with no way to flush them from his system on his own.

In the meantime, he has to settle the conflict within himself over the love he has for the sweetly innocent Marissa- former fiance of Wrath, the King of the Vamps.

What I liked most about Butch and Marissa's story was the fact they knew from the beginning they loved each other and, once they cleared up some previous miscommunications, all they wanted to do was be together. No arguing or snotty attitudes, they wanted to *be together*. Of course outside pressure keeps them apart, but that's the way it should be in my eyes. Star-crossed lovers are way more fun then a whiny heroine who can't make up her mind if she wants him or not!

So in the end it wasn't a bad read, considering Butch's story was the one I cared less to read about. Mark of a good author I suppose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

04/17 marked as: read