Lola's Reviews > A Kiss to Kill

A Kiss to Kill by Nina Bruhns

Feb 11, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: romance-suspense

In the previous book - "If Looks Could Kill" - side characters Gina Cappozi and captain Gregg van Halen engaged in a hot relationship until the day he betrayed her. He left her to be physically and mentally tortured by terrorists for the next eight months and never looked back. Now they are the main characters and Gina is out for revenge. They cross paths again and realize not all is over between them. Besides her planning to kill Gregg, sticking close and Gregg making sure to keep his eyes on Gina, this book is an onslaught of revelations.

I was really surprised at what he did to Gina so I was anticipating it to be good. Being a black ops Captain, Gregg must keep back emotions that could jeopardize the mission even at the cost of the woman he cares for. We get the real reason why he did what he did, but the first parts of the book was frustrating. In fact, there was a lot of things going on, including sideplots and another couple. We keep switching back forth so it didn't work well with me. When Gina and Gregg quickly reunite, there lots of snarling, verbal jabs, mistrust and apparently still sexual tension. Gina is also on a mission and the sideplot in the last book is expanded and continued.

Their relationship just had a little heat to be rekindled. I was interested because of the way they left things, but it fell flat. Gina torn, emotionally and physically made me want to smack her a few times and I guess Gregg was okay. Like I said, others are thrown in the mix that it was too much.

Alex and Rebel somehow managed to get a nice tie for their end as they are the side couple. While I liked them, all their drama just weighed down the book. Nina Bruhns is one of the best romance/suspense writers, but "A Kiss to Kill" was just disappointing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss to Kill.