Grampy's Reviews > Bedtime Tales of Horror: Broken Promise

Bedtime Tales of Horror by Bradley Poage

bookshelves: currently-reading

I have to admit this one was easy to see coming; numerous references to an almond smell did kind of give it away. Nevertheless, I still had a satisfied smile on my face when I got to the end. Even when you know what's going to happen, these "Bedtime Tales of Horror" are always fun to read!

12/24/14 UPDATE: Bradley has revised "Broken Promise", and I just finished reading the revised version. He definitely covered his tracks better this time, and I honestly did not know what to expect as the end approached. The end was undoubtedly changed, because I did not have a smile on my face this time. On the contrary, it was more of a grimace with a case of goose-bumps. Here's my new review:

“Broken Promise” is a recently revised entry in Poage’s “Bedtime Tales of Horror” series, and it’s a doozey. I’ve noticed that quite a few of Bradley’s stories feature an unstable mind in one or more of the central characters. The mental turmoil of the poor jilted gal in “Broken Promise” goes WAY beyond “unstable”.

This is a story that will elicit whole-body shivers in many readers. Definitely horror. If you aren’t already a fan of Poage, read “Broken Promise”. It might just convert you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bedtime Tales of Horror.

Started Reading