Karen's Reviews > Serendipity

Serendipity by Louise Shaffer

Read 2 times. Last read March 26, 2014 to April 1, 2014.

This story was a nice surprise! It was originally given to me in a stack of paperbacks that someone was getting rid of-- at a glance most of the stack was too "fluffy" for me, so I set them aside. One day when I was out of books to read, I read this on out of desperation and found it to be anything but "fluffy"!

The story follow's Carrie's (37 years old) journey as she takes a hard look at her life following the death of her mother. Carrie's family is considered "Broadway Royalty" because her grandmother is a famous Broadway star and her father is a famous play writer. Through Carrie's quest, the story is told through the points of view of her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother-- we learn about their lives and how their circumstances caused them to parent their daughters the way that they did. We also get to see the results of those choices. It was fascinating and caused me to think about my own mother and grandmother and how their lives have played out in how I parent my daughter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serendipity.

Finished Reading