Candi-'s Reviews > Beautifully Wounded

Beautifully Wounded by Susan Griscom

bookshelves: 2014-read, abuse, bbb, hea, yummy-tattood-men

This was my first Susan Griscom book but if def won't be my last!!

Lena Harington has had enough!! She knows if she stays with her abusive husband Troy any longer he will kill her just like her stepfather killed her mother. When Troy comes home one night and starts abusing her yet again the only way to get away is to stab him in the stomach with a knife. Not knowing if she killed him or not she knows she has to run and leave it all behind.

Jackson Beaumont has the need to protect the injured whether it is human or animal. When Lena stumbles in his bar there is just something about her he knows he can't resist. He knows it could bring danger to his door but he doesn't care, he will do everything to help his fawn.

Lena knows she needs to go before Troy finds her but there is something about Jackson. The longer they are together, the more she opens up to him and soon finds herself in a comfortable and happy place in her life but what will happen when an old friend of hers shows up at the bar to warn her about Troy? Will she be able to get away before it is to late? I loved Jackson!! He was so sweet, patient and understanding with Lena.

I can't forget to mention Jackson's brother Brodie. He is such a man whore!! When Lena's friend comes to visit, will she be able to change his ways? I can't wait for his book to come out and I hope we get more on Lena and Jackson in it!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautifully Wounded.

March 22, 2014 – Started Reading