Stefanie Sugia's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

bookshelves: inspirational, eng-fiction, book-challenge-2010, i-own-a-copy, novel
Read 2 times. Last read January 15, 2010.

Well, first of all, i never thought a book can teach me so much. But my opinion changes the time I finished this book.

This story is basically about an old man called Eddie and his afterlife. After his death, he got to someplace where he's supposed to meet 5 people related to him. This is where the story begins.
Every person he met has a special relation with Eddie - even though sometimes he didn't know that person. Each person has a different lesson to teach - to Eddie and of course to the reader as well.
This book teach me so much that I want to read this book over and over until I can memorize all the things said in it.

Recommended for: everyone! :)
i love this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

Quotes Stefanie Sugia Liked

Mitch Albom
“All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.”
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mitch Albom
“Holding anger is a poison...It eats you from inside...We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.”

Mitch Albom
“Each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.”
tags: life

Mitch Albom
“Sacrifice is a part of life. It's supposed to be. It's not something to regret. It's something to aspire to.”

Mitch Albom
“There are no random acts...We are all connected...You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind...”
tags: life

Mitch Albom
“This is the greatest gift God can give you: to understand what happened in your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for.”
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Meniti Bianglala

Mitch Albom
“People say they 'find' love, as if it were an object hidden by a rock. But love takes many forms, and it is never the same for any man and woman. What people find then is a certain love. And [he] found a certain love with [her], a grateful love, a deep but quiet love, one that he knew, above all else, was irreplaceable.”

Mitch Albom
“Fairness," he said, 'does not govern life and death. If it did, no good person would ever die young.”

Mitch Albom
“Time," the Captain said, "is not what you think." He sat down next to Eddie. "Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning.”

Mitch Albom
“War could bond men like a magnet, but like a magnet it could repel them, too. The things they saw, the things they did. Sometimes they just wanted to forget.”
tags: life, war

Mitch Albom
“That's because no one is born with anger. And when we die, the soul is freed from it. But now, here, in order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did, and why you no longer feel it.”

Started Reading
January 15, 2010 – Finished Reading
February 9, 2010 – Shelved
February 20, 2010 – Shelved as: inspirational
February 23, 2010 – Shelved as: eng-fiction
February 25, 2010 – Shelved as: book-challenge-2010
May 8, 2010 – Shelved as: i-own-a-copy
July 22, 2011 – Shelved as: novel
July 27, 2011 – Shelved as: book-challenge-2011 (Other Paperback Edition)
July 27, 2011 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
July 27, 2011 – Shelved as: i-own-a-copy (Other Paperback Edition)
July 27, 2011 – Shelved as: translated-fiction (Other Paperback Edition)
July 27, 2011 – Shelved as: novel (Other Paperback Edition)
July 27, 2011 – Shelved as: inspirational (Other Paperback Edition)
July 27, 2011 –
page 1
0.48% (Other Paperback Edition)
July 28, 2011 – Started Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
July 28, 2011 –
page 55
26.44% "very very amazinggg book! mengharukaan :') <3<3<3 terjemahanny mantap! ;)" (Other Paperback Edition)
August 1, 2011 –
page 166
79.81% (Other Paperback Edition)
August 1, 2011 –
page 208
100.0% "perfect! <3<3<3" (Other Paperback Edition)
August 1, 2011 – Shelved as: friendship (Other Paperback Edition)
August 1, 2011 – Shelved as: family (Other Paperback Edition)
August 1, 2011 – Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)