Airicka Phoenix's Reviews > The Decayed Ones

The Decayed Ones by Joseph DiBartolo

Mar 23, 2014

So we all love The Walking Dead for one, simple and very obvious reason, right?
Oh, wait ... how'd that get in there. My bad. That's not it. *clears throat*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
But whatever your reasons are for watching zombies, whether you're like normal people and like a good, disgusting flick, or you're like me and want to be prepared when the time comes and you have to kill your neighbor for trying to gnaw on your leg, the simple fact remains ... it's gonna happen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Which is why I really liked Peter Troy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
He's kinda gross, kind of single and kind of unemployed. He's the sort of guy you would automatically peg as a serial killer. Not because he would rather sit in his skivvies all day and watch zombie movies then, oh, I dunno, work, or do adult stuff with his girlfriend (okay, I may be exaggerating on the skivvies bit), but the rest is true. The dude is obsessed with zombies, which I guess, is kinda a plus on his side because about five pages into the book, he has to kill his ex.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Now I know many of us don't need for our ex's to turn into zombies for us to want to kill them, but it really worked out for Peter.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So the long and the short of this book is this...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Don't dump a guy the day before the end of the world, especially one that can possibly protect you from getting killed.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I thought it was a very good lessen all in all. Well done, Mr. DiBartolo. Well done.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
But aside from that, what did I take away from this book? That I am anxiously awaiting the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Decayed Ones.

Finished Reading