Shayna Varadeaux's Reviews > Darkside Sun

Darkside Sun by Jocelyn Adams

Review Copy provided by NetGalley. Check out the blog tour post HERE

I absolutely love Addison but admittedly right now I am in full stunner mode! The ending, wow! I so didn't see that coming! I really like the new concept this story offers allbeit slightly disturbing. The inner workings of the Mortal Machine were sketchy to me at first but it was definitely well described along the way. I thought it was pretty dang creepy, the creepy crawly dudes that were coming in through the rift. I am certain, had I been Addison in that classroom I would have bolted and never looked back at the risk of looking totally cray cray!

I really liked the initial character build and was really digging the dynamic between Addison and Ava even though things changed pretty quickly thanks to the big book and Professor Asher Green and the above stated creepy crawly.

We got down to business from the start and I was pretty much hanging on every word. I liked the plot and the premise alot. i liked the story build as well as the character build and the awesome cast that I had no problem imagining.

I thought Addison's first introduction to the Mortal Machine was pretty dang cool and I was immediately leery of Marcus.

Addison is a really well rounded and consistent character and that's just what I am looking for when I read a lead female. I also loved her quick witted comebacks and snarky remarks. I liked that she didn't take any crap from anyone not even Asher.

I was fascinated when it all tied into her DNA and pieces of the puzzle and her missing not so whacky after all mom.

I think Sophia is one of my favorite characters besides Addison and Asher of course! Remy, Kat, Marcus, all of them were well written and believable.

This read was gripping and unlike anything I have read before and I read alot of Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Paranormal fiction! I was definitely pleasantly surprised even though the book was a tad long but it was so intriguing it didn't really seem to matter. I would definitely read this again and I will have book 2 at the top of my TBR for sure! There's a creep factor for me though I was a little put off by the wraiths. Definitely a new concept as far as I'm concerned. It twisted and turned to no end!

It was all Mystery, Sci-Fi mixed with a Swoon Worthy Paranormal Romance! I liked the pace of things nothing was rushed and everything built naturally I thought. I love it when Addison takes matters into her own hands and we see her strength. Love it!

I can't stress enough that um... wow! The ending of epic proportions! Can you say cliffhanger?? Noooo!

This is a good book for Paranormal and Fantasy Fans! I NEED book two because I have to know what happens next and what happens with Asher and Addison!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkside Sun.

March 23, 2014 – Started Reading