Shayna Varadeaux's Reviews > Taking Back Sunday

Taking Back Sunday by Cristy Rey

Okay so I was expecting this to be pretty decent but it really turned out to be fantabulous! I was engrossed in this read from start to finish and I CANNOT wait to get my hands on the next book in the Incarnate Series!!

The Plot - A very well thought out plan unfolded at a steady pace and just when you thought it was going to be all gushy with instalove it was just not. The amount of action and depth to the plot struck me as Christopher Pike level writing! I am super excited to have found this series and Cristy Rey too! From start to finish it was storyline perfection and it never felt rushed or slowed.

The Cast of Characters -

Characters are everything to a story and determine whether or not you want to read an entire series.

The MC, Sunday, is a strong female lead and when she goes into Incarnate mode I was enthralled loving every scary second. I think she was well written plus she contained the strength, depth and vulnerability you could hope for. She was shamelessly throwing herself in harms way yet demanding that things be done in her way. She was pretty bad ass!

Cyrus is all rough and tumble, steady searching for Sunday but when their worlds collide no one gets what they bargained for. I like how the hungrily brooding wolf in him easily expresses his distaste for the Incarnate. I also love the twists and turns their characters took in their interactions. Very good story there!

Things rapidly change and turn to crap as Sunday narrows her sights on making sure the only friends she has ever had stay safe from the preternatural world's implosion looming around the naive witches. I love that she is determined to keep them safe before doing what she knows is best and yanking her shallow roots from South Carolina, making a break again.

I love the strength in Sunday's decisions and hate it at the same time! A great ending leaving me hungry for more!

Scenery - I loved the scenery and the palpable nature that memories took on by just the descriptiveness. It wasn't over done or harped on but it kept you intrigued and going along with the story with ease.

Summary - Over all I can't give this story any less than five stars. I really enjoyed the read, there was plenty of action and swoonidge to keep me going. It has werewolves, witches, demons, and the Incarnate. All in all a great Paranormal read that I recommend highly!

I NEED the next book Cristy! Seriously! Ahh!

#TeamCyrus
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Back Sunday.

March 22, 2014 – Shelved