Joe's Reviews > Livli's Gift

Livli's Gift by J.M. Ney-Grimm

Mar 22, 2014

bookshelves: 2014, favorites, goodreads-giveaway-winners

*MINOR SPOILERS* (though it should not affect the story line of new readers)

First off, let me say that I only rate my favorite books of all time 5 stars.

I cannot believe how lucky I am to have received this incredible treasure of a novel for free as a Goodreads Giveaway winner! I have never read a novel that made me feel so good. Mrs Ney-Grimm, you absolutely BLEW MY MIND!

When I first started reading this book, I have to admit that I had a little trouble getting use to the style of writing. It was so unique, so original that I had no clue what I was getting into.

I am a man that has always been into spirituality. Here is a little about my past: I am now 23 years old, when I was 18 I was in a near-death car accident. My SUV was pushed off of the road, flipped twice, and hit 3 trees going 45 MPH. I was the only person in the vehicle, with only a large scar and a torqued knee and hip to show for it. I have had my knee pop out of place several times since, and have had absolutely horrible pain in my hip joint. I visited the chiropractor for close to 3 months with hardly any progress. Then my father made a call to an "energy-healer". At that point I could not walk without an obvious limp. I visited this energy healer only ONE time, and after the 20 minutes session, I could walk perfectly.

I have personally experienced the power of energy healers, so I could very well be a little biased reviewing this book. But I don't think so.

This book to me, is virtually about an "ancient" type of community, that has energy powers. Not just for healing, but for many tasks, such as herding, gardening, and gathering. The description of what Livli saw or "felt" during her "duoja" healing process was so beautiful. It affected me on a personal level. The descriptions of the energy chakras or, as referred to in the novel "matas", were beyond incredible. Usually I blast through the pages of a book that I love, but Livli's Gift made me want to go as slow as possible, absorbing every moment of bliss. The way J.M. Ney-Grimm expressed herself in this novel, melts you to the core.

All-in-all, I will keep this treasure until the end of my days, and who knows how many times I will read it. I will make sure my family and friends read this novel, in hopes to spread Mrs. Ney-Grimm's popularity. In the end I can only say thank you to the author, not only for giving me an excellent, heart-and-soul warming novel to read, but for providing me with a free copy in hopes of a honest review. I can only hope that I did justice in my review for this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Livli's Gift.

March 22, 2014 – Shelved