colleen the convivial curmudgeon's Reviews > Mr. Darcy, Vampyre

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

1209800
Feb 08, 2010

bookshelves: vampire, romantic, library-read, guilty-pleasures
Read from July 19 to 20, 2010

3.5

First off, let me say this is a cheesy book. I mean, you can sort of figure that out by the title.

But, of course, there are two kinds of cheese - there's bad cheese, which is just bad, and there's good cheese, which is cheesy and corny, but still fun. This is most definitely good cheese.

Oh, it has it's flaws. Of course, these types of romance novels are based on keeping apart people who should be together, and how do you keep apart people who are in love and just got married? Well, you give one a curse, of course...

There's a bit too much scenery for my tastes, though the travelling does have a point - and there's a lot of melodramatic hand-wringing. (Really, Elizabeth - he's struggling with himself not to rip your clothes off half the time - how can you think he doesn't love you?)

And it's pretty predictable.

But, hell, it's fun and sweet and touching and has some action and suspense - all the things a cheesy romance thingie should have.

I would've changed the ending, personally, but that's just me. Not that the ending was bad (though I kept wondering about if it would really result in a HEA) - but I would've gone the other way. *shrugs*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy, Vampyre.

07/19/2010 page 27
07/19/2010 page 49
16.0% "I liked the description of the wedding in the beginning, but I'm a sap. It's a bit plodding at present..."
07/20/2010 page 153
50.0% "I sort of gloss over the scenery stuff, but, luckily, those aren't over detailed or drawn out or anything. I'm mostly enjoying it, though the whole thing is quite silly. :>"