Sherri Hunter's Reviews > O is for Outlaw

O is for Outlaw by Sue Grafton

Feb 08, 2010

bookshelves: mystery
Read in January, 2009

Just when I start to wonder if this series has anything to offer in the way of surprises, along comes this installment of Kinsey's next assignment and I'm hooked all over again. I love Kinsey and her smart mouth attitude. This story shows another side of Kinsey when she is told her first ex-husband has been shot and may not survive. When she discovers some very hard truths about the past, Kinsey has to take the painful journey to forgive her ex for his alleged misdeeds. Kinsey also has to look at her own shortcomings as well and reevaluate her beliefs.

From Santa Theresa to Louisville and back, Kinsey's dig into the past attracts the attention of some unsavory people who would rather the past and the crimes committed there remain dead and buried. Kinsey is her usual feisty self but we get to see more of the compassionate side of her, especially with the ending. Kudos to Sue Grafton for creating a fantastic multi-dimensional character that comes to life and draws the reader into her world so deeply that it's easy to forget that Kinsey and her world is fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read O is for Outlaw.