Crystal's Reviews > Out of the Shallows

Out of the Shallows by Samantha Young

bookshelves: 2014-favorites, omg-love-it, romance

When I read the blurb and saw the word "concludes", I shook my head with disbelief. This is not the end for Jake and Charley....hell no! I refused it. Re-reading Into the Deep the night prior to starting Out of the Shallows, it made me fall in love with the characters all over again. Charley with her smart-assery, Jake with his broodiness, Claud and her love of Dairy Milk chocolate(which I can not argue with), Lowe and his sexiness, and Beck with his boy-boyish charms.
Out of the Shallows starts off with Charley and Claud in Delia's flower shop. Wait...what??? What happened to Scotland??? As I made my way through the first chapter, I felt my heart getting torn apart. Confusion struck; what the hell happened! With Chapter Two under my belt, I was able to relax. Throughout the book, I had a bad feeling that I was going to have an ugly cry session in the bathroom. Turns out, not too bad but bad enough.
description"/
There is this heavy feeling when I read the present day chapters that when I finally found out what happened, I breathed a bit easier but my heart broke for Charley and Jake. And Claudia; sweet spunky Claudia has her own stuff to deal with. The blow from her parents around Christmastime is still lingering and the non-relationship with Beck finally comes to a head when yet more tragedy strikes. When I reached the end of the book, I felt content with Charley and Jake's story. But what about Lowe? Claudia and Beck? Matt??? Will I be privy to their stories Miss Samantha?? I hope so!
Out of the Shallows is an incredible read. It's hot, angry, depressing, healing, and an eye opener. Samantha Young is on top of her game with this sequel. She ended Charley and Jake's story perfectly. Now....Claud and Beck or Lowe!!! Please and Thank You!!!!
tennet

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Shallows.

Started Reading