Keysha's Reviews > The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Feb 07, 2010

bookshelves: in-my-bookshelf, read-in-2010

I think this has been definitely my lucky year because this is the third book I have utterly loved from end to start (the other two being 13 reasons why & Chasing Brooklyn). The Body finder tells the story of Violet a teenage girl who posses a very strange and spooky ability. She can sense the dead bodies of those persons who had been murdered and the imprints attached to their killers and to make things worse already she's developing strong feelings toward her childhood best friend Jay Heaton who after hitting the puberty has turned into one of the must desirable guys in school.

Kimberly Derting has knocked me out of my chair with this book. I sincerely didn't know what to expect from the book I just read the description of it and thought I shall give it a chance and boy I don't regret it. The book is very well written and structured, the characters are coherents and the chemistry between the heroine and her best friend never feels forced. I liked that the fact that Violet had both of her parents and she wasn't living with a disfunctional family and it nevers falls into the "cliche" family either. They have their faults but they support each other and is beautiful to see that portrait in a Young Adult book.

One of my many favorite parts of the book is when Violet was about to discover a dead body or she feels the imprints of their killers, Derting did a wonderful job describing the emotions and feelings that Violet goes through each time a dead body was near. It was just brilliant and also we get to see the twisted mind behind the crimes that are being comitted which is a little spooky but totally necesary in order for you to understand some stuff that are going in on in the story.

And of course for last but none less important my dearest and beloved Jay Heaton, oh dear that boy can steal your heart after reading a few pages about him and reading about this two remind a lot about Dawson and Joey (from Dawson's Creek) but in the beginning when they were trying to figure out what they felt for each other and they were struggling with their frienship, the prospect of being more than best friends. Things happens in a normal pace and they are not all over each other after two seconds after they admit their feelings, they take things slow and I liked that. I wish authors take more time to developed the love between the main characters.

In conclusion my dear readers, this is a must read for the 2010 so if you already have it and want to read something different from the vampires, angels, werewolves, theme this may be the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

Quotes Keysha Liked

Kimberly Derting
“He loved her.
Jay Heaton, her best friend since childhood was in love with her. He didn't say it but she knew that it was true.
And the part that really freaked her out, the part that caught her completely off guard, is that he wasn't alone. Because even though she'd been denying it for a long, long time, it had always been there... waiting beneath the surface of their friendship. And now that it was out there was no going back.
And it was so weird to even be thinking it but...... she was in love with him too.”
Kimberly Derting, The Body Finder