Ashley P's Reviews > Pretties

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

bookshelves: ya-fiction, series, own-it, march, dystopia-fantasy-and-sci-fi

** spoiler alert ** This book is totally bubbly making.

And now that I've gotten my one, and hopefully only use of the slang out of this book...Here are my thoughts.

I don't know what I expected to happen in this book but this was definitely not it and I'm not complaining about that. The thought of losing ones identity so much just to be what the world wants you to be is terrifying. But then to have it all come rushing back and realizing the circumstances behind you losing yourself are even worse.

The science behind these books is fascinating and I wish that it was explained a little more in depth though I'm certain it will be within the next couple of books.

Tally is still as interesting a character to me as she was in the first book, perhaps even more so because despite being pretty she inadvertently cures herself, most likely due to a placebo effect and believing that she was cured.

David wasn't in this book a lot but when he was he ended up being as kind of a character as he could be given the circumstances.

This was a very solid second book in a series, and with the way it ended I'm actually quite excited to move onto the third.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretties.

March 19, 2014 – Started Reading