Jenna's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Feb 07, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, read-in-2010, fantasy

I was a little unsure about this book and it took me a while to actually start it. There were a lot of things I didn't like about Graceling and I was worried that I would have the same issues with Fire.

Luckily I did not. I ended up liking Fire more than I liked Graceling. Fire (the character) was pretty likable. There were a few times that I wasn't a huge fan of her and found her frustrating, but I usually understood her motivations even if I didn't totally agree with them. I really liked Brigan. He was an interesting character and I liked getting to know him. Really, I pretty much liked all of Fire's friends.

There were definitely things I didn't like about the book. At the beginning, I got tired of hearing how beautiful Fire was and how terrible Cansrel was. I got the point and grew a little bored with the continuous descriptions and stories. I didn't really understand why we learned so much about Fire's period. I expected it to be important at some point, but it wasn't. And I didn't understand why the Graceling storyline was included in this book. It felt a bit out of place and pointless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

February 7, 2010 – Started Reading