Starfire's Reviews > Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair

3205796
Feb 07, 2010

Read from February 07 to 23, 2010

This was a relatively fun, not-too-demanding sci-fi romance that I enjoyed more than I expected to.

Trilby Elliott is an independent small freighter captain who's making some small (not quite legal) modifications to her ship when she get gets an unexpected visitor in the form of a crashed fighter. The pilot's unconscious, so she brings him back to her medbay... and there our story begins.

I was expecting this book to be pure romantic fluff, and while there's certainly a level of that, there's also some nice character development, especially on the Rhis, the male lead's part, and some great supporting characters (including Dezi, Trilby's DZ-9 droid unit). Plus, the storyline actually held together reasonably well, with far more going on than just the romantic plotline for the main characters, and I thought Ms Sinclair managed to tie the various plot threads together nicely.

Criticism-wise, I started getting heartily sick of Rhis constantly talking about Trilby as "his air sprite" - he wasn't quite suffering from Roarke syndrome, but things got borderline there at times.

I'm giving Finders Keepers a 7.5/10 - it was a solid story from Ms Sinclair, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next on my list of hers (Book 2 in the Hope's Folly set... yes, I know, I've read it out of order!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finders Keepers.

02/18/2010 page 326
71.96% "Linnea Sinclair's writing has definitely been better in her later books. I really enjoy watching authors develop over time!"
08/05/2016 marked as: read