PickyReader's Reviews > The Wolf Princess

The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable

bookshelves: international-authors, elegant, cultural, fantasy, did-not-finish

This is probably a good book. Tis a shame that I will never know how good, because I just cannot get past the weird beginning.

The beginning is just... I'm not entirely sure what is up with it. Maybe the author knew what she was trying to say, but couldn't pull it off well. Why does nobody like Sophie, except for the Russian lady? What's up with the Russian lady anyway? I suppose that part is supposed to be part of the "mystery" but it's just written so awkwardly.

I can't get past the characters at all. They are very cliche, cookie-cutter type characters. The dialogue is a lil forced, too.

Maybe it's just me who thinks this about the book. I don't really know, but I couldn't finish this book.

ON to the next read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf Princess.

March 18, 2014 – Shelved
March 18, 2014 –
page 30
10.42% "So far, I am not impressed. The girls so far are very cliche. The very poor, pitiful girl is over her head in a rich-kid school; the nerd girl knows all, we don't know what she's talking about, and she reads text books at the table; then there's the self-centered dumb blonde character, who actually has a big heart. Maybe it'll get better as I read..."
March 19, 2014 – Shelved as: international-authors
March 19, 2014 – Shelved as: cultural
March 19, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy
March 19, 2014 – Shelved as: did-not-finish
March 19, 2014 – Shelved as: elegant

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Emily not finishing it was a wise choice.