Anita's Reviews > Linger

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

3202140

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, werewolves, young-adult

Linger surprised me I think. The thing is, before I added this audiobook to my iPod, I just came off a Maggie Stiefvater reading spree anyway - I just completed Lament and Ballad, and while I liked them, enjoyed them even, I didn't love them. I found both really melancholy, which isn't my favorite type of book. I think I also had forgotten the feel of Shiver and how much I enjoyed it.

So as I was saying, I was surprised by Linger. The words are like poetry, Maggie paints a picture of everything through her words, and it wasn't too much. There are some books where the picture is painted, and painted, and painted and...well, you get it. I did feel at times the story line was moving slow, but at the same time not. Really, it's hard to explain exactly what I mean. I will say, that the suspense of the book didn't catch hold of me until it was almost at it's end, at which time I was scoffing at every little distraction that came my way. I will also say that I am the master at figuring out the foreshadowing....and that's ALL I'll say, because elaborating will ruin the book!

This is definitely a fantasy/scifi/romance (Supernatural Romance...that should be a genre I think) readers' perfect pick!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Linger.

February 6, 2010 – Shelved