Candace Fleming's Reviews > Pretty Little Things

Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert

So, this was my first foray into Teresa Mummert's books and it will definitely not be the last. From the teasers provided, it seemed like we might have a little Flowers in the Attic going on in this book (funny enough, she even mentions it in the book. The killer about this book is we only get pieces of the back story as the chapters unfold. It is unnerving and ridiculously smart. It hooks you in and makes you not put down the book. You never know the whole story but just enough to suck you right back in. The story is dark and creepy at times and keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is worth reading this book in one seating.

Annabel and Colin are able to start a new life - new family, new house, new school. Colin is older and works with his dad. He is an extremely over-protective "big brother". He also is a bit scary and seems to use his domineering personality to get what he wants (it is downright scary at times). Anna is still in high school and seems to be able to live in the every day instead of in their past. She wants to be free and you are really not sure what that entails and why she feels she can't have her freedom. She doesn't take crap from Collin and seems to see right through him. She also has a relationship with Jake and she sees him as the only person who really knows the real her.

Pretty early on, you know there is something up between Collin and Annie The sexual tension oozes of the page. It is downright hot because it seems like it should be forbidden between the two siblings. The forbidden want and desire between them. It was intense. You can't decide who is going to act on their feelings or if anything at all would happen. The tension between the two is palpable not only in the present storyline but in the past history that pops up here and there. I couldn't wait for the explosion to happen between the two.

I highly recommend this book. I enjoyed the darker plot line. I am adding all of Teresa Mummert's books to my must read list!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Things.

Started Reading