Janet's Reviews > The Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat well. Enjoy life. Lose weight.

The Mayo Clinic Diet by Mayo Clinic

F 50x66
Feb 06, 2010

Read from February 06 to 15, 2010

Brought to me to read after knee surgery. Written by dietitians and doctors I know at Mayo clinic. Healthy way to lose weight. Gives lots of tips to overcome issues that may prevent you from being successful at losing weight. May be a bit difficult diet to follow if you drink lots of milk and eat lots of meat; also, if you don't like fruits and vegetables. However, I know several people who are currently losing lots of weight on this diet. The book contains info about behavior change and exercise along with diet for success. The book is very attractive and easy to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mayo Clinic Diet.

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Janet - go on the Barnes and Noble website and read the reader reviews. They are better on the Amazon website. I will be interested to see yours.

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Yeah! Postings by Janet. I don't want you to have knee surgery more often, but this is great.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth I put my name on it at the library. Supposed to be in on Feb. 24.

Janet Ruth wrote: "I put my name on it at the library. Supposed to be in on Feb. 24."You may want to also reserve a cookbook that is referenced in the back of this book. I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard that some of the recipes are easy, healthy, and good. It is called Fix-it and enjoy-it! healthy cookbook : 400 great stove-top and oven recipes . I put it on reserve at out library.

message 5: by Shugal (new)

Shugal Exactly what I need..behaviour change, and what to eat..I already like exercising ( I know I'm odd...but I really do like it..I love running) So thanks for the review! I am going to order the book & journal this week :-)