Sunflower's Reviews > The Lightlings

The Lightlings by R.C. Sproul

Feb 05, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-book-reviews, reformation-trust

The Lightlings is both adorable and a wonderful, allegorical story about Creation, the Fall, and Man's redemption in and through our Heavenly Father. An easy read, The Lightlings, is a great night-time or any time story to share with young children or even for older children to read for themselves.

What impress me about ,The Lightlings, is the beautiful drawn illustrations by Justin Gerard not only captures the world of ,The Lightlings, but it also will capture the eyes and imaginations of your children. With discussion questions and Scripture references in the back,The Lightlings, with innovative use, can be use as well, as either a self contained Unit Study by the homeschooling mom, or a great introduction to understanding about our Father's Creation, Man's Fall, and our redemption through Jesus Christ.

In addition to the book, there is not only an audio, but also a dvd, that I'm looking forward in eventual getting for the kids, said to have capture both the beautiful illustrations and the world created by Dr. R.C. Sproul

What capture my eyes, while reviewing the book, is just the parchment look of the papers in the book, and the elegant type used to print the story in. There is just a very classical, ageless look to the book as a whole that promises to be a well bought edition for any library.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightlings.

message 1: by Amydeanne (new)

Amydeanne oh I want this one!!! I didn't realize there was a dve to it.