Bridget's Reviews > The Dream Thieves

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

bookshelves: 2014, ya, 2016, 2019
Read 2 times. Last read September 1, 2019.

Fourth reading September 2019. Clearly this book just gets better every time you read it. I kept being like "Mr. Grey, YES!!!!" and "oh yeah, the Noah kiss!" as I read and remembered my favorite parts.

Third reading January 2016, in preparation for book 4. How is it that Kavinsky is so awful and yet also totally makes this book? How can a single hug be so dang swoony? Why do I sympathize with a hit man? What makes an orange bikini so hilarious? Why do I love it so much when Ronan says there's more to life than sex and drugs and cars? Heck, why do I love it so much when RONAN, period? THESE ARE QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE.

Second reading October 2014 (5 stars). This book got even better upon further acquaintance. I love love love it. On to book 3!

First reading March 2014 (4.5 stars).

This book was a little darker than its predecessor, thanks mainly to the introduction of a new character (Kavinsky). He's one of the more fleshed-out jerks I've ever had the displeasure of seeing portrayed in literature. I loved the experience of reading this book (except for the Kavinsky-heavy chapters) and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Also, I already knew this from The Scorpio Races but WOW, can this woman ever write a really creepy animal attack scene.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dream Thieves.

March 16, 2014 – Shelved
January 19, 2016 – Finished Reading
Started Reading
September 1, 2019 – Finished Reading
September 2, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Brooklyn Walker These questions are legitimate for anyone reading this book, I can verify haha