Tash's Reviews > Crazy Maybe

Crazy Maybe by A.D. Justice

If I’m honest, I find books need to speak to an audience. After reading ‘Crazy Maybe’ by A.D Justice, I am kind of speechless.

Characters like Andi, are why I read but also why I write. How do you describe a pivotal strong character that stands out? A.D Justice hit the hammer on the nail with the portrayal of such an emotionally charged and powerful narrative. Andi and Luke’s story reads more than just words on the page. It is powerful, the emotion is touching and the words are uncannily high-powered. The chord that struck me through reading Crazy Maybe was that there was fight and power in the story of how the foster system treats a person. Although I found some of the narrative to be unrealistic, it was relatable in its own kind.

What drew me to continue reading was the vigorous voice of the writer and the characters narrative. Andi and Luke both draw so much power in the narrative, of the will to fight, to be loved, to survive. Love takes it’s course and sometimes you don’t have control over that. I found that reading through, there were moments I would cry for Andi and there were moments between Andi, Luke and the other characters that made me laugh. My favourite part about reading this book was the faith and trust that Andi and Luke put in each other. It was heart felt, kind, supportive and a testament to good writing by A.D Justice. The sad scenes were written with emotion, but also contempt to allow the reader to understand cases that do happen similar to the narrative. Overall, a powerfully pivotal narrative that brings together a strong female character with an ever so romantic male lead with passion and heart. What is made is magic, what is spoken is raw and what is left is love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Maybe.

March 16, 2014 – Started Reading