valee's Reviews > A Virgin River Christmas

A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr

2320890

bookshelves: cont-romance

I loved this one! Really. IMHO it was even better than most of the previous stories. I guess what most like about this series is not what attracts me. I don't like it when we read about so many characters you get a bit confused.

In this book every page is about the main couple. You get to know them extremely well, even though this book is much shorter than the rest. I believe this was a great story, couldn't put it down, not for even a second. Kept reading it until 6 a.m,lol. But I'm on holidays, so I guess that's fine.Well I really do recommend this series. I loved Ian, he was that kind of hero you love to read about. All rough, sexy and in need of someone to just simply care. He had some issues but nothing too overreacted, just the right amount for his heroine to save him,lol.And Marcie was really an amazing heroine. Just one of those girls with a great personality who doesn't care about shallow things and knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid of getting it whatever it costs.

This was a great story, terrific even, made me laugh, cry and have an amazing time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Virgin River Christmas.

February 4, 2010 – Shelved
July 24, 2010 – Started Reading
35.0% "Nice."
July 24, 2010 –
40.0% "“Holy shit, Ian—was that a laugh?”“A cough,” he lied. “You probably got me sick.” lol. I like heroines who are not afraid of swearing."
July 24, 2010 –
70.0% "OMG! They are so funny. I love this book. Even better than most of the previous. You were right Beanbag!"
July 25, 2010 –
80.0% "Can't put it down. I love this book. I think this and the 1st were my favs! Ian is just in so much need of love."
July 25, 2010 –
page 163
July 25, 2010 – Finished Reading
September 14, 2010 – Shelved as: cont-romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review. I sure love this series.

valee I loved this one. I loved that you didn't had to stop reading about the main couple to read about all the others as in the rest of the books.

And it's not that they were not there, because they appeared all the time, but in this book we have only their point of view. I think that was what I liked the most. In books 2 and 3 you read about so many couples that you didn't get enough of the one who really mattered. Loved books 1 and 4 because they focus on the main couple much more.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I agree! One of the things I love most about this series is revisting previous couples, but sometimes it can get to be too hard to follow. Not in this book.

valee Exactly, I mean in this one all the characters were constantly present but not too much in there all the time. You still could remember how they were but did not loose the main story line. I loved this one. I'm glad I read another in this series. Ir really like it. I gave 5 stars to all except book 3, that one wasn't as good as the rest for me.

Beanbag Love I agree! This was a great love story. It made me cry buckets, too. But Marcie was hilarious the way she stood up to Ian and basically pulled the rug out from under him.

Sadly, they don't show up again until book ... 11(?). Often novellas don't have an essential place in a series, but I'm glad Carr eventually worked them back in .. even if it took too long!

Fab review, Vale!

Karen Nice review, LV. I loved this one too. Wish the characters had a bigger part in the whole series because I wanted to know more about them after reading this book.

valee Thanks beanbag,lol. I'm sorry to hear they don't come back because I loved them. Is next book as good as this one?

valee Karen wrote: "Nice review, LV. I loved this one too. Wish the characters had a bigger part in the whole series because I wanted to know more about them after reading this book."

Thanks! and I do want that too! I'm really sorry to hear they don't.