Minty McBunny's Reviews > The Girl on the Cliff

The Girl on the Cliff by Lucinda Riley

it was ok
bookshelves: 2014, march-2014

Umm....well.

This book started out promisingly enough. Aurora's segments addressing the reader were annoying, but the story itself was engaging enough, particularly Mary's story (though why it was presented to Grania as letters but then not told in epistolary form, and included way more details than would have been shared with a fiancé's mother is beyond me).

But then, in the last portion of the book, it just got ridiculous. Grania's reason for leaving Matt was ridiculous, if they'd been together that long, surely she could have communicated with him at some point and cleared it up easily. The American dialogue was ridiculous, "Hi Baby, how's it hanging?" ...*eyeroll* Really? Speaking of which, we USians generally say "Really tired, really sorry" not "real tired, real sorry".

The entire chain of events that led to the ending was beyond belief and then the conclusion to Aurora's story was ludicrous. I am surprised this has so many positive ratings!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl on the Cliff.

March 14, 2014 – Started Reading