Laurie 's Reviews > Unconditional

Unconditional by Lauren Dane

bookshelves: nook, paranormal, arc, kindle
Read 2 times. Last read August 20, 2017.

The Cascadia Wolves series has been one I’ve enjoyed with a few of the books even making it to my comfort read list. Since the original publisher is no longer around, they are being re-released through Carina Press. This is not a series I recommend reading out of order and this goes doubly so for Twice Bitten, which is the last book in the series. Cascadia is also connected to a couple other series, so an overall story arc actually continues on past Twice Bitten, but our couple does get their HEA. For a suggested reading order, Lauren Dane has one on her website at http://www.laurendane.com/blog/2017/0...

Michelle, a police officer who also happens to be a witch, discovers her best friend Allie, who’s also a witch, is missing. Knowing the fate of other missing witches, Michelle was frantic to find Allie. The search leads her to Portland where she seeks help from the wolves of the Pacific Pack. To her surprise, her high school sweetheart is an enforcer for the pack. Michelle is dealing not only with the search but also problems with her job. The last thing she needed was her feelings for Josh to resurface and then jump into overdrive.

I really liked both Michelle and Josh. Michelle was scared to death for her friend and was constantly bombarded with new things, new people, and new attacks from the mages but she kept it together and stayed focused. She was smart with how she conducted her search making well thought-out decisions. Josh was 100% about letting her do her job and supporting her without completely taking over. He knew she was his mate but also knew that was something that needed to be put on the back burner. He put her needs in front of his which, for me, is the definition of a true alpha book boyfriend.

There was lots of suspense and action to keep things interesting. My only complaint is I wanted more backstory from both of them. There was a shared history between the two that was really just touched on and not fleshed out. Other than being told she was devastated when he left and that her Mom was awful it was never expanded upon. We also just got a short synopsis of his family ties, which were less than they should have been. I felt like I was missing out which in turn, dimmed my enjoyment just a tad.

Now that I’ve finished rereading my way through the Cascadia Wolves, I find myself trying to remember what happened with the overall story. I think I’ll be rereading both the De La Vega Cats and the Bound By Magick series next to catch back up on that. I do remember those cats were freaking hot so this will not be a hardship.

Rating: 4 I heart Josh Stars

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unconditional.

March 13, 2014 – Shelved
Started Reading
Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
August 20, 2017 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
August 20, 2017 – Finished Reading
August 21, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)