Nic's Reviews > It's Complicated

It's Complicated by L.A. Witt

bookshelves: mm, series, publisher-or-author-provided, ng, zz-amazon-yes

It wasn't lying when this book was titled It's Complicated! This is the story of trying to repair a relationship while dealing with a whole mess of issues.

I haven't read many m/m romances which are focused on an established couple sorting through relationship issues - their ups and downs, arguments, hot make-up sex, stress and worry - so it was nice to read something a bit different for a change.

I've always enjoyed this series so was looking forward to getting a glimpse of some characters from the past books - although to be truthful, I wasn't really taken with them and struggled a little bit to see the relevance to the story. The group played a role in enabling Brad to do something that Jeff wasn't happy with, causing yet another argument, but what I really wanted was for some more interaction and support.

Brad and Jeff have been together for years but their relationship has been tested by their continual arguments. When the story starts, they are living apart but making an effort to get back together by slowly dating again and trying to sort out the reasons for their issues. But just as they start down this path, new obstacles are thrown in their way. The ramifications of one night Jeff spent with his ex-wife come back to haunt him - the resulting pregnancy has him facing some big decisions about his business, the baby, where he's going to live and the role Brad will play in this life.

Overall it was an enjoyable story with lots of emotional discussions between the two men, interspersed with some sizzling sex and I appreciated the way Christine was portrayed. She had the potential to be one of those characters you just wanted to hate but she wasn't.

A copy of this book was received from the publisher via Netgalley in return for my honest review.

For m/m romance reviews and more check out Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Complicated.

March 12, 2014 – Shelved